saulsy2

saulsy2

The Unseen Country

The Unseen Country - Phillip W. Simpson In 'The Unseen Country' by Phillip W. Simpson we follow a young boy named Tom who is on the search for his younger brother who went missing two years prior.

I was looking forward to reading this book as it was meant for young adult and it was a fantasy. I was a bit disappointed as I think this book is meant for a younger audience, but I still enjoyed it. There is great character development throughout the story and you fall in love with Tom and feel his ups and downs on his journey to finding his brother. I did feel that there was a few lulls in the story and found myself starting to skim the page as I was reading. I enjoyed the descriptions of the characters and have a few sketches of how I imagined what Red Cap may look like (and may post them to the review if I can get ahold of a scanner)! Overall I believe this is an above average book so I am giving it a three out of five stars.

I would recommend this book to a younger audience (children) and not young adult. It's a great childrens book and I would recommend it to fans of the Gregor the Overlander series.